Back when I was 16 my parents spoiled me and purchased a 1998 Ford Contour SVT for my 16th birthday. The SVT really only came in one configuration, fully loaded. Unfortunatly I got bored with the stereo pretty quickly. It took about 6 months before I purchased my first of many upgrades. Today I am proud to say that no one part of the car stereo is original, right down to the speaker wire. I am also proud to say that I still have almost all the components that I purchased when I was 16 to 17 years old - a true testimate to the quality of the components.
- PPI PC 275 (2x75 watts @ 4 ohms) amplifier running the interior speakers
- PPI PC 250 (2x50 watts @ 4 ohms) amplifier running the two subs
- 2 x MBQuart Component speakers, 5-1/4 mid and 1 inch metal dome tweeter
- 2 x JL XR Series, 5-1/4 mid and 1 inch metal dome tweeter
- 2 x JL 12" W4 Series subwofers in 2 custom built (by me) sealed enclosure
- Kenwood EZ-500 head unit
||These are pictures of the two subwoffer enclosures in place in the trunck.
||Some pics of the front speaker tweeter installation