650 - getting it running part 5: front brake
I don't even remember why my front brake caliper was hanging loose from the front fork. That does not matter now. I refitted it and tried actuating it. It worked but the master cylinder was leaking brake fluid. The brake fluid was also disgustingly dirty. I also remembered that I had bought a brake rotor from mikesxs for the rear of my xs1100. That did not work on the 1100 but I kept the rotor since it was supposed to fit the front brake on the 650. I decided that this was the perfect time to fit that rotor, along with some new pads as well.
While I was at it, I decided to replace the old rubber brake lines in favor of stainless steel lines. I also decided to get a new master clyinder. The new one was $65 while the rebuild kit was bout $30. My time is worth more than that.