Vehicles

650 - battery, neutral switch, side cover rubber, tach light

I have had problems with batteries in the 650. I got one bad one, the next was killed by the bike before I fixed the faulty charging system (installed SPARX), and the last battery was weak from day one. I decided to take my time and actually wait for a name brand battery to arrive via mail. I ended up getting a sealed YUASA battery. Hopefully I get more life out of this one.

I also replaced a worn out neutral switch. The internal spring was shot. This meant the neutral light was intermittent which was annoying. The new one is OEM but plastic! That was a surprise when the original one had a metal body. Hopefully the new one lasts as long as the original.

I also replaced a burned out tachometer backlight. The OEM bulb is 12v 3 watts which is hard to find locally. All I have found around here is 12v 5 watts. 

Lastly I replaced some worn out rubber grommets that hold the left and right plastic side covers on. 

Pictures

Preview Image Size
SmllMedLrg
new battery came empty, had to pour acid in.
SmllMedLrg
SmllMedLrg
SmllMedLrg
Instructions were very clear. Process went very smoothly
SmllMedLrg
SmllMedLrg
SmllMedLrg
SmllMedLrg
SmllMedLrg
old and new neutral switches. You can see the spring in the old one no longer pushes tip out
SmllMedLrg
SmllMedLrg
SmllMedLrg
SmllMedLrg
SmllMedLrg
3 rubber grommets in this photo
SmllMedLrg
this one is completely shot
SmllMedLrg
new grommet installed
SmllMedLrg
SmllMedLrg
SmllMedLrg
yah, tachometer back light works again

Add Picture Comments
Contact Us | ©2014 Me | Page best viewed with Chromium